Agricultural and fish products inspectors
National Occupation Code (NOC): 2222
Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
Follow This Occupation
Job Duties for Agricultural and fish products inspectors
Fish and fish products inspectors
- Inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
Fruit and vegetables inspectors
- Inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for human consumption.
Plant protection inspectors
- Certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Working Conditions for Agricultural and fish products inspectors
Work may be performed indoors in an office environment or outdoor facilities. When performing inspections, workers may be exposed to biohazards and strong odours.
Alternate Job Titles
- Agricultural Products Inspection Supervisor
- Agricultural Products Inspector
- Animal Health Inspector
- Animal Primary Products Inspector
- Assistant Grain Inspector
- Bread Inspector
- Butter Inspector
- Contagious Animal Disease Prevention Inspector
- Cream Inspector
- Crop Certification Inspector
- Dairy Products Inspector
- Fish And Fish Products Inspector
- Fish Inspector
- Fish Inspector-grader
- Fish Products Inspection Supervisor
- Fish Products Inspector
- Flour Inspector
- Food Products Inspector
- Fruit And Vegetable Inspection Centre Supervisor
- Fruit And Vegetables Inspector
- Fruit Inspector
- Grain Inspection Supervisor
- Grain Inspector
- Inspector Of Perishable Goods
- Livestock Inspector
- Meat Hygiene Inspector
- Meat Inspection Supervisor
- Meat Inspector
- Milk Inspector
- Plant Primary Products Inspector
- Plant Protection Inspector
- Poultry Inspector
- Produce Inspector
- Seed Crop Inspector
- Seed Grains Inspector
- Slaughtering And Meat Processing Plant Inspector
- Vegetable Inspector
- IPM Scout Inspector
- Scouting Inspector